Jacks River Fields Campground
- 7 Tent Sites
- Sites Have: Lantern Posts, Picnic Tables, Fire Ring (with grill), Tent Pads
- Horse Camp: With 2 Corrals And Hitching Posts (separate from tent sites)
- Vault Toilet
- $5 Per Night
- Benton MacKaye Trail Access
- South Fork Mountain Bike, Equestrian and Hiking Trail Access
- Bear Proof Trash Receptacles
- 2 Creeks (west fork and south fork of the Jacks River headwaters)
- Open Year Round (Jan-March The campground is only accessible from Blue Ridge)
- Dog-Friendly (The Forest Service says to keep them on a leash)
This campground is literally in the middle of nowhere. Once you leave Old Highway 2 at Watson Gap and get on FS Road 64 it’s a 15-20 minute drive to the campground. So yes, it really is in the middle of nowhere. FS Road 64 is well maintained and is driveable in a small car.
This is a great place to relax with the sounds of the flowing creeks. Each site is located on the banks of either the South or West Fork.
Click the pin for directions.