Dockery Lake is possibly our favorite car camping spot in Georgia. If you want to get away and spend some time in a serene environment, this is the place for you. The small 3-acre lake is stocked with trout seasonally and I have personally seen some old timers swimming about.
The lakeside campsites are large and spread out enough for moderate privacy. This is campsite #9 and it is one of our favorites.
There are plenty of trees to hang your hammock from.
- Chattahoochee National Forest.
- The campground has 11 campsites (10 campsites and 1 host site)
- 6 lakeside sites and 5 wooded sites
- Each site has a tent pad, fire ring with a grill, lantern post, and a picnic table
- Potable water available
- Three-acre lake (stocked with trout)
- Lake loop trail
- Appalachian Trail Access (via Dockery Lake Trail)
- Flush toilets and vaulted toilets
- $8.00 fee per night
- Day use area (free)
- Closed 12/22-mid-March
Click the bubble for directions